Monday, May 5, 2008

Very moving and inspirational

I wouldn't be surprised if you have seen this already. It's 18 minutes long, but is so riveting the time passes quickly. Highly recommended.

Jill Bolte Taylor is a neuroanatomist who had a stroke. She remembers the details and recounts them here along with the insights she gained from the experience.

I remember once Sharon talking about the dichotomy of the brain: on one hand "cagey and strategic", on the other capable of experiencing one-ness and expansion. I was reminded of this when I saw this video. Enjoy


3 comments:

Lori Lavender Luz said...

Wow, Debora. What a resonation for me.

I do what she did. When I get to the Oneness, I cry. Then I get uncomfortable, so I back away.

But it is what I crave.

Thanks for finding, for posting.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I cried too, when we came to the part about Oneness.

It was very marvelous to see illustrated that Venn diagram, where the two hemispheres intersect, and what they look like when they are separated.

I'm glad I could send you that experience.

Douglas W said...

A very insightful account of what she experienced and the effect it had upon her.

When I was teaching art to high school students I used to explain to them the left-right aspects of the brain and give them exercises to help them think and draw with the right side.

I looked at some of the other videos in this series... they are great.